Saturday, April 18, 2009

Who's Been Blogging?

Every now and again someone expects me to know something that they've posted on their blog which of course I don't because even though I enjoy checking on blogs it usually starts out on one person's blog and then wanders from there without any sort of order. I figured the only way to keep track of things was to start listing our friend's and family blogs on our blog and then I could just look there and see who's posted lately and what's new with them. The question is how many do I include? Of course I'll list all the family ones I come across but as far as friend's go how well do I need to know the person to list their blog? I'm sure I know hundreds of people with blogs. Everytime I come across someone's blog it is connected to many other people I know as well. And now we are starting to get to know people in AZ. Since I've spent most my time in YW I pretty much only know people from a distance but many of them have blogs that I've stumbled across lately and woul love to read as well. Is there some sort of blog list etiquette to follow?

3 comments:

Holly Baker said...

I think that you should include people you are actually interested in reading about frequently. That being said, some of my friends NEVER update. I like reading about your life.

Liesl said...

I use Google Reader to keep up with everyone's blogs. I go to one place, and I can see who has updated their blogs at one time instead of taking the time to go to each blog. If I ever want to make a comment, I just click on the blog's link and go there. If you find it time consuming to go to each blog (especially when that person does not update frequently), consider using Google Reader. :)

Stacey Tippetts said...

Thanks Holly! The thing is I like keeping up to date on everyone. That is why I'm so addicted to facebook. A cousin of mine suggested that I subscribe to the blogs but so far listing them on mine seem to be working for me so I think I'll stick to that. I would've posted more over the weekend but I was deathly ill.