Sunday, May 3, 2009

Cave Creek

Seems like it'd been forever since Josh and I actually went out and did something fun. He happened upon Cave Creek a year or so ago and had wanted to take me ever since. Josh wanted to get out of the house yesterday so he asked if I wanted to go for a drive and do some sight seeing. Cave Creek is a fun little place full of neat shops to walk around. We happened upon the "Thieves Market" which takes place the first Sat. of each month behind the antique shoppe. They had lots of fun things to look at. I especially enjoyed all the rhinestone jewelry and was tempted by a piece of fiesta. I settled on 5 postcards for $1 to send out for some upcoming holidays and birthdays.
Big Earls - Greasy Eats - the last honest hamburger
We saw this place as we drove into town and new this is where we had to get a bite for lunch. We shared a hamburger, fries and drink combo. It was really good. Their salads looked amazing as well. Definately would recommend this place to anyone in the area.

The yellow blooms on these trees were so magnificent. This picture does not do them justice.

me with one of the trees.
I was impressed with the beautiful yellow blossoms on some of the cactus. The cactus in our yard are not blooming but maybe they will soon?
This totem pole was in front of a cute little collection of western buildings full of gift ghops, restaurants, etc...
I convinced Josh to let me take his picture in front of this overgrown cactus.

No comments: