Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Super Savings!

One of my hobbies is scoring free or nearly free stuff at Walgreens and CVS. Usually every Monday morning I head over to both stores to get whatever I can. Some weeks I do pretty good and other weeks I'm not so impressed with the ads so I don't get anything. This week I did quite well. I picked up everything in this picture plus two more packs of tic tacs for approx. $2 out of pocket and get $14 off my next purchase.

Here's the breakdown by store:
CVS:
Toilet Paper regular price 10.49, sale price 5.49 - 50 cent coupon = 4.99
Bandaids regular price 3.59, sale price 2.99 - 50 cent coupon = 2.49 - 2.00 extra bucks = .49
Face Wash regular price 5.49, sale price 3.99 - $2 coupon = 1.99 - 3.99 extra bucks = -$2
Men's Deodorant 3.99 - 3.99 extra bucks = 0
The tic tacs were clearanced for 25 cents each instead of 99. I just had to get them since I had too many coupons when I got to the register and needed to buy some more stuff.

I already had $14 in extra bucks from a previous purchase so I spent 45 cents out of pocket and get $10 off a future purchase. Nice! So far at CVS this year I have spent $28.33 and have saved $255.56.

The other items I got at Walgreens:
Floss was on sale for 2.50 each and I had 1.50 coupon so it was 3.50 plus $3 off next purchase so they are a net 50 cents or 25 cents each

The ladies deodorant was on sale for 1.99 plus $1 off next purchase for it cost 99 cents

I already had $6 off so in total I spent $1.61 and get $4 off my next purchase there. Saved $10.48 on this purchase.

Hopefully that made some sort of sense.

It's a lot of fun. I could never do this when I lived in So. Cal. because all the killer deals sell out on Sunday and since I don't shop on Sunday I couldn't take advantage of these amazing deals. I only get one newspaper and I don't look at any blogs or subscribe to any paid plans that teach you how to do this. I just do whatever I figure out on my own.

Pretty much all of our toiletries are free or pretty close to it. I even gave my cousin 4 tubes of toothpaste the other day because I've gotten so much free toothpaste lately I don't know what to do with it all. So, if you are on my gift list, expect a basket of toiletries! ; )

Sometimes it's actually embarrassing to walk out of CVS with over $26 worth of stuff for just 45 cents. Most of the employees and even Store Managers I've come across don't really know how their systems work and what you can and cannot do as far as coupons go which was a bit frustrating when I was trying to figure out the system. Now that I know how it works I just smile and enjoy my fun, little hobby.

2 comments:

The Whitney's said...

that's a little too confusing to me, haha... but I love great deals too ;)

Liesl said...

Coupons are the best! I love when the total price goes down, and my coupon savings go up! I've saved more than half the cost of the bill several times!! Go us, for saving money!