Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Treats

Pretzels dipped in caramel
The finished product with chocolate added. Yum!

Without having regular access to a car I didn't do any Easter treat shopping this year. I've had the ingredients to make these pretzels but hadn't gotten around to making them so I thought I would make them for a treat for Josh. I've made them a few times before but never had much luck with the caramel. They seem to always get stuck to the wax paper. This time I sprayed the wax paper with Pam and it helped immensely. After the caramel hardened I added a layer of milk chocolate. They were really good and considering I made these a few days before Easter not many of them lasted till Easter day but it was ok. They tasted very good and look great in my Fiesta oval platter. I have to add that the caramel I used were called "caramel bits". They are made for melting and saves you the hassle of having to unwrap all the caramel candies. They worked great. I'm not sure if they sell them year round or if they just had them over the holidays. I'll have to look for them next time I make it to a store.

No comments: