Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Beauty & The Beast

Lastnight we had a special treat and got to see Disney's Beauty & the Beast at the Gammage. It was excellent. My cousin in law won two tickets but neither he or his wife had any inclination to go to a musical so we lucked out and they decided to give us the tickets for an early birthday present. I actually saw this show about 10 years ago in NYC on a business trip but I was happy to see it again. This has always been one of my favorite Disney movies. I dug out the soundtrack this morning and we listened to it and I have to say that the amazing cast we heard lastnight is even better than the recording. I'm amazed at their busy schedule. We are actually quite lucky that they are here in PHX for 6 nights. Some of the stops on their tour are just for a night or two. You can check their schedule here and see if they are coming near you. It was so fun to see so many girls in their belle ball gowns but I'm sure they were sleepy today having stayed up too late on a school night.
On the way to the theatre we stopped at Burrito Express to grab a quick bite of food. My friend brought us food from here last week and we both loved it and wanted to try it again. The place is pretty ghetto but the food is very good. They only have a couple locations but they are worth trying out. CityDeals even has gift certificates for just $10 for $25 worth of food so that would be a great way to try them out.
I guess that will count for our fast food quota this week. So worth it though!

No comments: