Thursday, October 28, 2010

Tron Night!

A couple weeks ago I noticed on facebook that you could get free tickets to a special Tron Night so of course I immediately signed up for tickets and was so relieved to get some. You were supposed to get there an hour early to make sure you got your seat and it wasn't given away to someone in standby line so I'm all stressing out today about getting there early enough and wouldn't you know it there's hardly anyone there. All those years in CA have ruined me. I always think there's going to be a ton of people but at this IMAX there wasn't. I absolutely love having an IMAX theater so close. (It's just one exit away). Since I'm always figuring out ways to score free movie tickets we always use them to see IMAX 3D movies. I figure if it's not in IMAX 3D we can just wait to rent it at the library.
Anyways, it was pretty cool to go to this event tonight. We got these cool wrist bands and movie posters. It was about 25 minutes long. They showed a couple of full scenes and then a few clips. Josh loved it. I'm not really into it. I thought the original movie was a bit strange and could probably live without seeing the new take on it but I'm sure I'll see it at some point since Josh is so into it.
I'm glad we were able to attend the special even tonight but wish there would've been more people there. I think there were only about 40 people in the theater. I wonder if the other IMAX theaters in the PHX area were busier. Hopefully they were. It's kind of nice not having to fight crowds to go to an awesome theater here. It's one of my favorite things about where we live in AZ.

No comments: