Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Mustard's vs. Pink's





On our last trip to L.A. over Labor Day weekend my sister in law told us about a hot dog place that they love to go to called Mustard's. We didn't get a chance to try it then so on Sat. when we were trying to decide where to grab some lunch we took the opportunity to try it out. Now mind you I hardly ever eat hot dogs so I'm not any sort of authority on the subject but they were pretty good. I just got a plain dog with mustard and that's it. They serve Chicago style dogs there that "snap" when you bite into them. Their buns are steamed to perfection and have poppyseeds.
Several years ago a couple of friends and I ended up in Hollywood. Our original plan fell through so somehow we ended up going to Pink's for the first time. It was quite an adventure. Finding parking is a feat in itself and then there's always a line of an hour or so no matter what time of day or night it is. A couple years later when Josh and I were in Hollywood we went and he thought it was overrated. Whatever! Anyways, recently they've opened a Pink's near the entrance of Knott's Berry Farm. This past Sat. night we were going to get some Knott's Chicken Noodle Soup to go which is one of our favorite things to do in CA but when we got there we found the Pink's and opted for a hot dog instead. Similarly to Mustard's their hot dogs snap when you bite into them and they have amazing steamed buns that are sans poppy seeds which I prefer. Both my dad and Josh thought the Mustard's hot dog tasted better than Pink's. I got my toppings of bacon, guacamole & cheese and enjoyed it thoroughly. Guess if I ever end up at Mustard's again I will add my favorite toppings and see how it measures up.
I do hope that Pink's does well at Knott's and that it becomes a favorite destination for many. It kind of takes the fun out of the adventure of having to go up to Hollywood to get a Pink's though.
Unfortunately I didn't get any pics. at Mustard's but you'll just have to take my word for it. Here's a couple pics we took at Pinks.

No comments: