Monday, November 8, 2010

Decisions, decisions

I've come to the conclusion that the mind is a powerful thing. Once I decided a couple weeks ago to do the HHH challenge I've been mostly pretty good about not giving in to sweets. Lastnight I was over at a friend's for dinner and there were desserts a plenty. Pies, ice cream, brownies, etc... but I had no problem restraining from having anything. I think we have more control over ourselves than we give ourselves credit for. We think we have to give into our cravings all the time when the truth is we don't even have to have the craving in the first place. Once we make the decision to abide by certain rules it doesn't become a daily struggle anymore. I even bought some Halloween candy to use for treats for church and haven't even been tempted at all to dig into them. Maybe my resolve won't always be so strong but I'm glad it has been today and I'm finally back on track earning all 10 pts a day. If I do have any treats this week it'll be on Fri. at the ward party.

No comments: